Sunday, July 6, 2008

Arnold wrote to tyrone later that afternoon

i made a small zine in 1994(?) called Spirit and Image (the annunciated version of "spittin' image" as in "spittin' image of his father."). It included a brief story by a young German philosophy student that I translated into english. His text was inspired by drawings of mine that were reprinted in the zine. Also there was an article cut and pasted from the new york times about the french artist Arman who cut up traditional African sculptures in order to make modernist assemblage art. And there was also an interview between myself and a writer named Michael who i knew, but I actually wrote the whole text and revealed that at the end of the interview in a footnote. and
finally at the very beginning was the reprint of a letter to Time magazine from Miriam Makeba concerning Time Magazine's miss handling of her name.

it may take me some time to put my hands on one but i will send you this zine as it seems very much in the spirit and image of what we are talking about.

have a great rest of the weekend and thanks for giving me a chance to work on this challenging project.


AJK

No comments: